Representational Image  |  Photo Credit: PTI
- Weekend ‘corona curfew’ to be imposed in Chandigarh from 5 am on May 8 till 5 am on May 10
- There will be no curbs on inter-state movement of goods and people during the curfew
Chandigarh: A weekend ‘corona curfew’ will be imposed in Chandigarh from tomorrow onwards in order to break the chain of transmission of coronavirus. The curfew will remain in effect till May 10.
According to a notification issued by Chandigarh District Magistrate, there will be no curbs on the inter-state movement of goods and people. Meanwhile, home delivery of food will be permitted till 9 pm.
Marriages can be conducted with the prior permission of up to 50 people and funerals with permission of up to 20 people during the curfew.
Following shall be exempted:
- Personnel belonging to civil service, police, military, healthcare, electricity, fire, media, telecom services, banking and govt machinery tasked with COVID-19 related duties.
- The movement of the above-mentioned personnel will be allowed only on productions of Identity Card.
- The shops dealing with the supply of essential goods like milk, bread, vegetables, fruits, dairy products, eggs, meat, groceries, bakeries, etc shall be allowed to remain open for ONLY home delivery till 2 pm.
- The manufacturing united shall be allowed to remain open and the movement of labourers and vehicles carrying them shall be permitted as well.
- There shall be no curbs on inter-state movement of people and goods.
- All healthcare-related facilities shall be permitted to operate.
- Restaurants and food courts in various malls can remain open for home delivery only up to 9 pm.
- Passengers going to or returning from the airport or railway station or ISBT shall be exempted.
- Marriages with prior permission from SDM concerned with attendance of up to 50 persons shall be allowed.
- Funerals with attendance of up to 20 persons are permitted.
- Those going to appear in exams and those on exam duties will be allowed movement on the production of ID/admit cards.
- Morning walk shall be allowed from 6 am to 9 am.