There are no new cases of coronavirus in New Zealand on Monday.

The Ministry of Health also confirmed the person who tested positive for Covid-19 in Hamilton on Saturday has been allowed to leave quarantine, as the case was considered to be historical and not infectious.

The person had been a guest at Pullman Hotel, a managed isolation facility in Auckland.

New Zealand is currently at Covid-19 alert level 1.

Stuff

New Zealand is currently at Covid-19 alert level 1.

They became the fourth person to test positive after leaving the Pullman, and had been isolating at home in Hamilton since January 30. The person tested negative for Covid-19 while staying at the Pullman.

READ MORE:
* Covid-19: MIQ guest returns positive test after being taken to unknown Auckland hospital
* Covid-19: Hamilton community case likely historical infection, not infectious, Health Ministry says
* Covid-19: Everything we know about the Hamilton community case

The final 60 returnees at the Pullman have completed health checks and were released on Sunday.

The latest case update comes as employers learned they will qualify for a $350​ Government payment for staff who have to self-isolate pending a Covid-19 test result, but who can’t work from home.

The scheme also covers workers who are the caregivers of people who needed to self-isolate pending a test result, but can’t do it safely without support.

On Sunday, the Ministry of Health announced a person staying at a managed isolation facility tested positive for Covid-19 after being taken to an Auckland hospital for an unrelated medical condition.

The guest’s routine managed isolation test returned a positive result after arriving at the hospital.

A spokeswoman for the Northern Region Health Coordination Centre would not reveal which of Auckland’s four major public hospitals the returnee was treated at – but said there was no risk to the community.

“Over the course of the pandemic we have cared for many patients with suspected or confirmed Covid-19 who needed hospital care (usually for another non-Covid health reasons) so this is business as usual for our hospitals.”

There was no risk to the public, and the ministry said hospitals were safe to visit.



Source link Corona News