!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
During lockdown, Hyderabad Metro Rail will start its first train from respective terminal stations at 7 am while the last train will start at 11:45 am and reach the respective terminating stations by 12:45 pm: Hyderabad Metro
South Africa extends nightly curfew, limits gatherings as COVID-19 cases surge
- South Africa has extended its nightly curfew and limited the number of people at gatherings to slow the spread of COVID-19 as positive cases surge, President Cyril Ramaphosa said on Sunday.
- The level two lockdown restrictions will start on Monday, forcing non-essential establishments like restaurants, bars and fitness centres to close by 2000 local time (2000 GMT) as the curfew will start at 2300 from midnight and end at 0400, Ramaphosa said in an address to the nation.
France reports 2,993 people in intensive care units with COVID-19
- France reported the number of people in intensive care units with COVID-19 fell by 35 to 2,993 on Sunday, while the overall number of people in hospital with the disease fell by 72 to 16,775.
- Both numbers have been on a downward trend in recent weeks.
- The number of people in intensive care units was below 3,000 for the first time since January 24.
Britain reports 3,240 cases and six deaths on Sunday
- Britain reported 3,240 new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, a drop from 3,398 cases the previous day, and six deaths within 28 days of a positive test compared with seven on Saturday.
- The total number of people who had received the first dose of a vaccine increased to 39,259,168, Public Health England said.
41 more deaths, 861 new cases in Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh recorded 41 more COVID-19 fatalities, taking the death toll to 3,111 on Sunday, while 861 new cases pushed the infection tally to 1,89,465, an official said.
- There are 14,940 active cases in the state, according to the state health department bulletin.
- The overall recoveries rose to 1,71,393 after 2,869 patients recuperated from the disease in the past 24 hours, the official said.
Chhattisgarh: 1655 new COVID-19 cases, 4521 discharges, and 37 deaths reported today
Haryana reports 1452 fresh COVID-19 cases, 3370 recoveries, and 89 deaths today
- Active cases 21,087
- Case tally 7,55,389
Maharashtra Lockdown: Here’s what you need to know
- Shops under essential service allowed to be opened between 7am to 2pm
- Stand alone shops can be opened depending on the permission by the district management authority. Will follow the same timings as those permitted under essential services.
- Non essentials items to be delivered through e-commerce
- Post 3pm restriction on movement expect for medical emergency
- Home deliveries allowed
- District borders will be sealed
- A person will be allowed in case of death of the family/medical ground/essential services related to Covid 19
West Bengal reports 11,284 new COVID-19 cases, 18,642 recoveries, and 142 deaths today; active cases at 94,898
Italy’s daily Covid deaths at seven-month low
- Italy on Sunday recorded 44 deaths from Covid-19, the lowest daily tally in more than seven months as the country continues to make progress with its coronavirus vaccinations.
- The last time Italy so few deaths was on October 14, with 43 fatalities.
- Italy’s total death toll from the pandemic now stands at 126,046, according to Civil Protection Agency and Health Ministry data.
- The number of people with an active coronavirus infection fell by 3,670 to 236,296, another seven-month low.
Mumbai registers 1066 fresh Covid-19 cases, 22 deaths, and 1327 recoveries in the last 24 hours
Maharashtra: Here’s a set of guidelines in the wake of lockdown extension in the state, till June 15
Maharashtra government releases a set of guidelines in the wake of lockdown extension in the state, till June 15 "… https://t.co/CE7Jb2vAHT
— ANI (@ANI) 1622390828000
Can’t say when will coronavirus third wave come; we shouldn’t let our guard down
– Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray
Lockdown is being extended for 15 days, shall be in place till June 15 now. Depending on the case tally of districts, certain relaxations and restrictions will be enforced: Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray
Lockdown like curbs to be extended by a fortnight in Maharashtra: CM Uddhav Thackeray
State will provide assistance to children orphaned due to Covid. This will be in addition to the scheme announced by the central government: Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray
I recently spoke with Prime Minister, with regards to changes needed in the relief aid provided during natural calamities. National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) should be given more assistance. I hope Centre will provide help in this regard: Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray
Even after decline in daily coronavirus cases, current numbers in Maharashtra near peak of previous wave: Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray
There has been a dip in the Covid-19 numbers. Last time the peak was after the festivals and this time the peak is before festivals: Uddhav Thackery, Chief Minister of Maharashtra
New RT-PCR from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology targets 2 genes, one of which doesn’t undergo many mutations. So we’ll not produce false RT-PCR readings as much as otherwise might happen: Dr Ashutosh Sharma, Secretary, Dept of Science & Technology
Government of India targets to procure 20-25 crore vaccine doses by July end, and 30 crore doses in August-September. Serum Institute of India (SII) will provide 10-12 crore doses of Covishield vaccine to Govt next month (June): Govt Sources
In terms of technology, we’re totally prepared for the third wave and would get even better as we go forward this year. Our vaccination plan (of inoculating people by end of Dec) is ambitious but also realistic: Dr Ashutosh Sharma, Secretary, Dept of Science & Technology
Punjab reports 2627 new COVID19 cases, 127 deaths, and 5371 discharges in the past 24 hours
Gujarat registers 1871 new Covid cases, 5146 discharges, and 25 deaths in the last 24 hours
We still don’t have evidence if it’s (COVID19) artificially created nor there’s proof that it has come as a zoonotic infection. Need to wait for evidence to say anything conclusively.
– Dr Raman R Gangakhedkar, former head scientist of epidemiology & communicable disease at ICMR
Maharashtra: 18,600 new cases: 22,532 patients discharged today; Recovery rate is 93.55%
- 402 COVID-19 deaths reported in the state today. Case fatality rate in the state is 1.65%.
- Out of 3,48,61,608 laboratory samples 57,31,815 have been tested positive (16.44%) for COVID-19 until today.
- Currently 19,98,976 people are in home quarantine and 12,981 people are in institutional quarantine.
B.1.617 COVID-19 variant can cause big problem in easing of UK’s lockdown process: Expert
- The B.1.617 variant of the COVID-19 could become a big problem in Britain’s plans to further ease lockdown restrictions, a senior academician associated with the prestigious Cambridge University has warned.
- Prof Tim Gowers, who is with the Mathematics department of Cambridge University, told The Guardian on Saturday that the UK’s fight against coronavirus could turn bad “very, very quickly” unless the government acts cautiously on easing lockdown further.
- The B.1.617 strain could cause big problems if not taken care of properly, Gowers said.
Tamil Nadu records 28,864 new COVID-19 cases, 32,982 discharges, and 493 deaths in the last 24 hours
Manipur registers 1032 new COVID-19 cases, 563 recoveries, and 17 deaths in the last 24 hours; active cases at 8,482
Karnataka: 20,378 new Covid cases, 28,053 recoveries, and 382 fatalities reported in the state today. Active cases 3,42,010 & case tally 25,87,827
Uttar Pradesh reports 1908 new COVID-19 cases, 6713 recoveries and 140 deaths in the last 24 hours; active cases at 41,214
Malaysia reports 6,999 new COVID-19 cases, 79 more deaths
Delhi has 14-day stock of Covishield left for 45 plus age group: AAP MLA Atishi
- About 3.5 lakh Covid vaccines are available in Delhi for the 45 plus age group, including over 3 lakh doses of Covishield, which may last for 14 days, AAP MLA Atishi said on Sunday.
- Even though the national capital received a fresh stock of 48,000 doses of Covaxin on Saturday, it is being kept for those requiring the second dose, she said.
- “For the 45 plus age group, there are about 3.5 lakh doses available, including about 40,000 doses of Covaxin and 3.25 lakh doses of Covishield.
Odisha govt extends lockdown for 16 days from June 1 (5am) till June 17 (5am).
Telangana government extends the lockdown for 10 more days in the State. The daily relaxation period extended from 6 am to 1pm. Detailed guidelines to be issued soon
Rajasthan reports 2,298 fresh cases, 66 deaths and 9,636 recoveries today; active cases 49,224
Goa: New Covid infections dropped to 645 on Sunday with 28 deaths. The case positivity rate stands at 20 percent.
Kenya extends COVID-19 curfew by 60 days
- Kenya has extended its nightly curfew by 60 days to slow the spread of COVID-19, the Interior Ministry said on Sunday.
- The move followed a decision by President Uhuru Kenyatta in late March to extend the 10 p.m to 4 a.m. curfew.
- A ban on political gatherings and processions that could turn into super spreader events was also extended for 60 days, as was a prohibition on overnight events and vigils, the ministry said.
Jammu & Kashmir government issues Covid related restrictions, to be implemented from tomorrow until further orders. Weekend curfew to continue in all 20 districts; Salons, liquor shops to open for 3 days; Gyms, spas, swimming pools, cinemas, bars to remain closed
COVID-19 second wave hits PSBs collection in May: Indian Bank Association
- Indian Banks Association (IBA) Chairman Rajkiran Rai on Sunday said that the second wave of COVID-19 has impacted the collections of Public Sector Banks (PSBs) in the month of May.
- “It is difficult to give numbers but can say that we faced difficulty in collections in the Month of May,” Rai said during a media briefing.
AMNS India supplying oxygen cylinders to Odisha govt to fight pandemic
- Steel maker AMNS India on Sunday announced it is supplying 5,150 oxygen cylinders to the Odisha government to support the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
- The first tranche of 1,350 cylinders landed at the Bhubaneshwar airport on Sunday. These will be distributed by the state officials to medical centres across Odisha, ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel (AMNS) India said in a statement.
- A second consignment of 3,800 units is on its way and is expected to arrive in Odisha in the coming days, the Gujarat-based steel maker said.
Will be able to manufacture, supply 10 cr Covishield doses in June: Serum Institute to Centre
- Serum Institute of India (SII) has informed the government that it will be able to manufacture and supply nine to 10 crore doses of Covishield in June, official sources said on Sunday amid complaint by states about the shortage of anti-coronavirus vaccine jabs.
- In a recent letter to Union Home Minister Amit Shah, SII said its employees have been working round the clock in spite of various challenges because of the pandemic.
- “We are pleased to inform that in the month of June we will be able to manufacture and supply nine to 10 crore doses of our Covishield vaccine to the country as compared to our production capacity of 6.5 crore doses in May,” Prakash Kumar Singh, the Director of Government and Regulatory Affairs at SII, said in the letter.
Due to the COVID19 pandemic situation, all the centrally protected monuments/sites and museums under the Archaeological Survey of India shall continue to remain closed till 15 June 2021 or until further orders: Union Ministry of Culture
18,265 oxygen concentrators, 19,085 oxygen cylinders, 19 oxygen generation plants, 15,256 ventilators/BiPAP, ~7.7 L Remdesivir vials, ~12L Favipiravir tablets have been delivered/dispatched to States/UTs from April 27 to May 29: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
UP government relaxes Covid lockdown, weekend restrictions to continue
- Govt announced relaxation of lockdown in the state with certain activities allowed from June 1
- Shops and markets outside containment zones will be allowed to open from June 1 onwards from 7 am to 7 pm for five days
- Night curfew will remain in place from 7 pm to 7 am
- The weekend restrictions or “corona curfew” will remain in place on Saturday and Sunday
Uttar Pradesh has registered 1900 COVID cases today. The active cases stand at 41,000. We’ve the lowest fatality rate in the country, lowest positivity & highest recovery rate.
– CM Yogi Adityanath
Shops and marketplaces outside of containment zones can now open from 7 am to 7 pm on weekdays in districts having less than 600 active cases. Curfew remains on weekends.
Night curfew from 7 PM to 7 AM and weekend restrictions to remain due to COVID situation in Uttar Pradesh, says state chief secretary.
Curfew will continue in districts which have more than 600 active COVID cases for one more week. When active cases will come under 600 the curfew will end automatically. We’ve eased restrictions in 55 districts from 7 am to 7 pm: UP CM Yogi Adityanath, in Lucknow
Uttar Pradesh government relaxes corona curfew in state from June 1: UP Chief Secretary
Delhi reports 946 new COVID-19 cases (positivity rate 1.25%), 1803 recoveries, and 78 deaths in the last 24 hours
Total cases 14,25,592
Active cases 12,100
Uttar Pradesh government announces economic activities in zones with less than 600 active cases from June 1 (7am to 7pm).
Steel Minister dedicates to nation RINL’s 300-bed COVID centre
“Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas, and Steel Dharmendra Pradhan today dedicated Phase-I of JUMBO COVID CARE facility at RINL steel plant township with 300 oxygen equipped Beds in the service of the nation,” the statement said.
It’s safer in jail: 21 prisoners in UP don’t want parole amid Covid pandemic
Bihar to provide Rs 1,500 per month to children orphaned by COVID-19
Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin inspected the COVID19 ward today at ESI Hospital in Coimbatore
Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin inspected the COVID19 ward today at ESI Hospital in Coimbatore https://t.co/IhrJkcjDPQ
— ANI (@ANI) 1622368073000
A viral video of a body of a COVID patient being thrown into river in Balrampur has emerged
“Patient passed away on May28. As per COVID protocol, body was handed over to patient’s relatives. As per preliminary probe,the relatives threw the body in the river. Case filed,”CMO says
Every 10th household in India report active Covid case
- Every 10th household in India is right now reporting an active case within immediate family members: as per the IANS-CVoter Covid Tracker.
- Almost every fifth household in India is reporting loss of life among near and dear ones.
- The tracker reported high incidence of healthy people dying of Covid.
- As per the tracker, 58.9 per cent said that the person was completely healthy before and died of Covid itself.
DRDO adds another 250 beds at Sardar Patel Covid Hospital at Delhi Cantt
DRDO added another 250 beds at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Covid Hospital at Delhi Cantonment. The facilities at the h… https://t.co/NFup17FmQs
— ANI (@ANI) 1622365372000