!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Telangana cabinet to meet on June 8; to take call on extension of lockdown
“The State cabinet will meet under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Sri K Chandrashekhar Rao on June 8 at 2 PM. The State Cabinet is likely to discuss the situation in the state amidst the Corona, medical and health, agriculture operations, the economic situation in the state due to lockdown, etc,” an official release said.
We should not start metro immediately. For 1-2 weeks we must experiment with 33-50% (occupancy). We should go slow otherwise lid will open up & we’ll not be able to suppress it. We can’t eradicate this virus
– Dr Naveet Wig, HoD of Medicine & Chairperson COVID-19 task force AIIMS
CSIR India & Laxai Life Sciences initiate clinical trials of repurposed drug Niclosamide for COVID19 treatment
- The trial is multi-centric, phase-II, randomized, open label clinical study to evaluate efficacy, safety & tolerability of the drug: Ministry of Science & Technology
- Niclosamide has been extensively used in past for treatment of tapeworm infection in adults & children. Its safety profile has been tested over time & has been found safe for human consumption at different dose levels
Russia reports 9,163 new COVID-19 cases, 351 deaths
- Russia reported 9,163 new coronavirus cases on Sunday, including 2,936 in Moscow, which brought the national case tally to 5,126,437.
- The Russian coronavirus task force said it had confirmed 351 deaths of coronavirus patients in the past 24 hours, taking the overall official case tally to 123,787.
Too soon to say if English lockdown will end June 21, Hancock says
British health minister Matt Hancock said on Sunday it was too early to say whether the government would stick to its plan to lift COVID-19 lockdown restrictions in England on June 21.
Puducherry logs 640 new COVID-19 cases, 15 deaths push toll to 1,628
- Tally – 1,09,079
- Active – 8,270
Lucknow along with Meerut, Saharanpur & Gorakhpur to remain under corona curfew as active cases in these districts are above 600: ACS Information Navneet Sehgal
Second COVID-19 wave not to impact India’s agri sector in any way: Niti Aayog
Arunachal Pradesh logs 327 new COVID-19 cases, one more death
- Tally – 29,113
- Toll – 123
- Active cases – 3,753
Manipal Hospitals collaborates with Dr Reddy’s to include Sputnik V in its vaccine portfolio
Leading hospital chain Manipal Hospitals on Sunday said it has collaborated with Dr Reddy’s Laboratories to add the Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine in its existing vaccine portfolio that consists of Covishield and Covaxin.
Over 1.63 cr doses still available with States/UTs: Union Health Ministry
GoI has so far provided, via free of cost & direct state procurement categories, over 24 cr vaccine doses (24,60,80,900) to States/UTs. Total consumption, including wastages is 22,96,95,199 doses. Over 1.63 cr doses (1,63,85,701) still available with States/UTs: Union Health Ministry
Uttar Pradesh lifts COVID-imposed curfew from all districts barring Meerut, Saharanpur & Gorakhpur
Uttar Pradesh lifts COVID-imposed curfew from all districts barring Meerut, Saharanpur & Gorakhpur as active cases in these three districts are above 600: ACS Information Navneet Sehgal
Chinese city of Guangzhou reports seven new COVID-19 cases
As of June 5, China has counted a total of 91,248 confirmed COVID-19 cases since the pandemic began. Its death toll stood unchanged at 4,636.
Mizoram reports 267 new COVID-19 cases, 1 more death
- At least 267 people including 46 children have tested positive for COVID-19 in Mizoram on Sunday, pushing the tally to 13,567, an official statement said.
- The COVID-19 death toll in the state rose to 53, as a 92-year-old man from Kolasib district succumbed to the infection at Zoram Medical College (ZMC) on Saturday night, the statement said.
Unlock: Mumbai at level 3; local trains yet off-limits for common people
- Restaurants, shops selling non- essential items and public places are set to reopen from Monday in Mumbai which is categorised under level 3 of the ‘unlock’ plan of the Maharashtra government but malls, theatres and multiplexes will continue to remain shut.
- As per the fresh guidelines issued by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Saturday, local trains will remain available only for specific categories.
- In a notification issued on Friday night, the Maharashtra government had stated local trains will remain available for “medical, few essentials and women”, but authorised the civic administrations to put additional restrictions they deem fit.
Daily Covid recoveries continue to outnumber daily new cases for 24th consecutive day
Steady rise in national recovery rate maintained; recovery rate increases to 93.67%. Fall in daily positivity rate at 5.62% continues; less than 10% for 13 consecutive days: Union Health Ministry
Odisha reports 7,002 new COVID-19 cases in last 24 hours
- Recovered cases: 7,32,018
- Deaths: 2,994
- Active cases: 78,031
India reports 1,14,460 new COVID19 cases, 1,89,232 discharges, and 2677 deaths in the last 24 hours, as per Health Ministry
Thane district sees 621 new COVID-19 cases, 37 fatalities
With the addition of 621 fresh coronavirus positive cases, the infection count in Thane district of Maharashtra went up to 5,21,000.
Covid-19 testing update
#COVID19 | As many as 36,47,46,522 samples have been tested in the country up to June 5 including 20,36,311 samples… https://t.co/kvN5jCB8qF
— ANI (@ANI) 1622950897000
Germany’s confirmed coronavirus cases rise by 2,440
In rare public outing, Trump denounces Fauci, China; dangles 2024 prospects
Trump called Fauci “not a great doctor but a great promoter” for his frequent television appearances. “But he’s been wrong on almost every issue and he was wrong on Wuhan and the lab also,” Trump said.
2021 Hajj will depend on Saudi Arabia govt’s decision amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic
– Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
Japan disposes of over 7,000 mishandled doses of COVID-19 vaccine
After 16 months, US Covid border closures keep families separated
Australia’s Covid-19 hotspot reports two new local cases
China reports 30 new coronavirus cases on June 5, up from previous day
China reported 30 new coronavirus cases on the mainland for June 5, up from 24 cases a day earlier. Of the new patients, 23 were imported, the National Health Commission said, and the seven local cases were all in southern Guangdong province. There were no new deaths. China also reported 18 new asymptomatic infections, compared with 28 a day earlier. China does not classify symptomless infections as confirmed cases.
UK reports another 5,765 coronavirus cases as govt continues to mull easing restrictions
Taiwan to get 750,000 COVID vaccine shots from US
Mexico’s coronavirus death toll rises to 228,754
Pakistan may face another Covid wave due to non-compliance of SOPs
Special Assistant to the Prime Minister (SAPM) on Health Dr Faisal Sultan said that flouting standard operating procedures (SOPs) could lead to another Covid wave in Pakistan.