More than 50 Walmarts across the Houston area are scheduling COVID vaccines. Here’s how to check for appointments.
HOUSTON — Dozens of Walmarts and Sam’s Clubs in Texas are now scheduling coronavirus vaccinations for Texans in phases 1a and 1b.
You must have an appointment to get the vaccine. No walk-ins accepted.
If you’re eligible, here’s the step-by-step process.
- Log into the Walmart vaccine site and create an account if you don’t already have one. The account is necessary so Walmart can contact you to schedule your second vaccine.
- Click on “schedule now” in the upper left side of the page, next to the photo of the pharmacist.
- The next page shows store addresses and a map with store locations. If the ZIP code on the upper left isn’t correct, change it. Tap on the location you want and hit “continue” on lower right side of page.
- That will take you to a list of eligibility requirements for phases 1a and 1b. Choose the one that fits you and click “confirm” on lower right side of page.
- Check dates for available appointments.
- If there are no dates available at that store, go back to the map and find another one.
RELATED: CVS, Walmart set to begin COVID-19 vaccinations in Houston on Friday
RELATED: A million Texans could be fully vaccinated Friday
Houston-area stores with vaccines
Here is a list of Walmart and Sam’s Club pharmacies administering vaccines in the Greater Houston Area. Being a Sam’s Club member is not required to receive the free COVID-19 vaccine.
11425 BARKER CYPRESS ROAD
9460 W SAM HOUSTON PKWY S
9235 N SAM HOUSTON PKWY E
20903 HIGHLAND KNOLLS DRIVE
24809 ALDINE WESTFIELD ROAD
Some HEB, CVS and Good Neighbor pharmacies are also offering the vaccine.