CLEVELAND, Ohio – Find the number of new coronavirus cases for every Ohio ZIP code for the last 14 days, 30 days and since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic with this searchable database.
Statewide, there were 914,530 cases reported by the Ohio Department of Health through Friday, including 42,033 cases with an onset of symptoms in the last two weeks and 135,904 in the last 30 days.
Some mobile users may need to use this link instead to access the database.
Within the seven-county Greater Cleveland and Akron area, the ZIP codes with the most new cases (symptoms beginning in the last two weeks) through Friday were:
* 44035 in Elyria, 227 new cases with an onset of symptoms in the last two weeks.
* 44077 in Painesville, 221 new cases.
* 44256 in Medina, 220 new cases
* 44060 in Mentor, 212 new cases.
* 44720 in North Canton and portions of southern Summit County, 184 new cases.
However, populations vary widely by ZIP code. These are the ZIP codes with the highest rates of new cases per 100,000 residents over the last two weeks:
* 44851 in New London and covering a portion of southwest Lorain County, 683.9 cases per 100,000.
* 44023 listed as Chagrin Falls covering much of southwest Geauga County, 663.9.
* 44021 in Burton in Geauga County, 592.6.
* 44288 in Windham in Portage County, 568.
* 44053 in Lorain, 557.7
Rich Exner, data analysis editor for cleveland.com, writes about numbers on a variety of topics. Follow on Twitter @RichExner. See other data-related stories at cleveland.com/datacentral.
See count of new coronavirus cases for every Ohio ZIP code, last 14 days
Why same 84 Ohio counties are on coronavirus red alert again this week, though orange counties aren’t at bottom for new cases
Coronavirus cases drop rapidly at Ohio nursing homes; down to 1,501